Sunday, April 26, 2015

a beginning.

I've been having a bit of a crisis of purpose for the past several months and recently I decided to really try to figure out what I want to be doing for the rest of my life. My very scientific way of looking for inspiration was typing into Google, "How to figure yourself out." Google in its infinite wisdom coughed up the MBTI extended test. Curious as usual, I clicked through and took the test. It was long and it was a bit tedious but when I finally finished it I received my analysis. I'm an INFJ.

The description of the INFJ type made so many things click it really blew my mind. I had always been this way but now I knew that I wasn't the only weirdo in the world. While there aren't a lot of us, there is definitely more than just me! That was liberating to realize - other people think like I do, feel like I do, know things like I do...words really cannot describe that feeling.

I began to research and research and research. I found a number of great INFJ communities on Twitter, INFJ Cacofony, INFJ Cafe, etc and have been lurking - reading posts, comments, clicking through links others have posted...it's a fabulous time to be alive and curious.

I got some great ideas from seeing how other INFJ's handle their minds and decided it would be worthwhile to try writing a blog of my own. I've never been great about keeping up with blog posting but I'm hoping that using this as an outlet for my mind to dump some of the things I think about into a place where other INFJs can read and contribute will make it easier to keep up.

I don't know how this is going to work out but I feel like I need to try. If anyone reads this stuff, join the conversation. Or don't. I don't mind fellow lurkers. :)

Also I saw this on Tumblr (theinfjden) and I think it sums things up nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Let's hear it!