Monday, April 27, 2015

tedium and rage.

Most days I really enjoy my job. I work in marketing and strategy so it's always different and there is always more to learn. Lots of opportunity to stretch my creative muscles and leverage my ability to identify trends from data analysis. There are some days however...days that are filled with mundane tasks, with no creative involvement needed. Whether it is updating and trafficking banner ads, or updating reports...I hate those days. I find myself getting frustrated at hiccups in technology - when things don't work the way they are supposed to I go into a rage.

INFJ rage is a very real thing and thankfully mine is directed toward inanimate objects not at people. It does not make it any less terrifying. Losing control and expressing my rage scares the shit out of people I know. My sister told me once how freaked out she was when she caught me losing my mind at a Jeep's soft top that I was trying to snap back on. She thought I was in a fight in the garage and came down to investigate. She told me that I was roaring at the soft top...I know I can get carried away but I never really keep tabs on what I'm doing when I fly into a rage.

Ever since then, I've been more cognizant of what comes out of my mouth during a rage. My husband has been working with me for years trying to get me to manage through the stress. He is worried that I'll have a heart attack from being so pissed off all the time. I'm normally pretty level when it comes to people since I prefer to avoid conflict but if you piss me off enough for me to embrace a conflict, back away slowly and avoid eye contact. I do feel like I've gotten better with managing my rage, thanks to my husband's help but it still rears its ugly head sometimes. I just need to remember to breath and that whatever I'm freaking out at won't matter at all in a couple of days.

Do you fly into rages? What is your way of dealing with stress and anger?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Let's hear it!