Sunday, June 14, 2015

Premonition

The past few days I've had this feeling of something being...off. I can't tell what it is but there is something different about the world. Or at least my perception of it. But I don't really feel like anything in my mind has changed to alter how I perceive the world, so I'm not sure where this feeling is coming from.

I feel...uneasy. Like something is going to happen. Doom but undefined doom.

I'm going to try to express in words what I see and feel...sorry if this comes out strangely.

It comes in waves - the impending feeling of some major shift in reality. When the waves come they are driven by gusts of wind and I see the sky thick and dark with mammatus clouds, yet the air is full of diffused light. It washes over me and leaves a cold emptiness in my gut. I don't feel anything horrible but therein lies the discomfort...the emptiness actually feels really good, but it shouldn't feel good because something really major happened to cause it and part of me thinks that "the something major" is not a particularly good thing. I feel utterly alone when this feeling hits - it's not just feeling lonely...it's just an utter lack of anything outside myself. Like the world is a void and since I'm in it, I am part of the void.

That whole paragraph of stuff has been hitting me for two days now.

I'm used to feeling off when crazy stuff happens in the world but this is on a different level. I'm not sure what to think about it. Everything I see around me is like an alien landscape - nothing looks different, really, but nothing looks quite the same either.

Anyone ever feel this way? Did it ever resolve?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Let's hear it!