Friday, May 8, 2015

Creation

Creating something beautiful is perhaps one of my favorite outlets for many of my ideas. Painting, building, drawing, sculpting, knitting, crocheting...all excellent outlets. I find that I'm happiest when I'm making something. Usually things I make are gifts - painted memory boxes for my nieces, a lace knit shawl for my mom, that sort of thing. I rarely make anything for myself, which I find odd but I guess that isn't the point of making something beautiful. I like to share my conception of beauty with those I love. Sometimes it is goofy (pictures of my mother's day gift to come) and sometimes it is bold and textured. It really depends on what moves me to make a gift for someone.

Here are some paintings I did for my youngest nephew. He's just a baby so these are going in his nursery when my sister decides to hang them up (which will hopefully be before the kid turns one...).


Cute huh? I had a blast making these and my sister loved them. Hope my cute little nephew loves them too!

Point of this post is making cool stuff rocks my stripey socks. If you get that, we can be best friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Let's hear it!